[HA NOI] INSIGHT INTO EMPLOYMENT IN VIETNAM
On the 18th of July, Beluxcham in collaboration with the Australian Chamber of Commerce will be co-hosting a seminar "Insight into Employment in Vietnam: Updates on current Labour Law, Contracts, Insurance Obligations, Taxation and Work Permits"
Understanding the need of enterprises, especially foreign ones, for clear explanations and guidance on the content of legal documents released by the Vietnamese government; the seminar aims to provide an opportunity for both individuals and companies to familiarise themselves with the law on labour.
Participants will have the rare chance to speak with highly reputable legal experts and discuss with them about the current Labour Law as well as inquire about the recent new amendments to the Law. The seminar would certainly be an excellent opportunity for anyone interesting in the Vietnamese Labour Law to learn more about it.
Time & Date: 18th July, 8:30 AM - 10 AM
Venue: Ballroom B Hilton Hanoi Opera, 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Speakers & Panelists: Minh Nguyen – Senior Associate, ACSV Legal & Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services
Non-members: VND 750,000
*Membership: VND 650,000
Presentation key notes
Minh Nguyen – Senior Associate, ACSV Legal will discuss:
- Work permits and residence cards for expatriates and application process. Practical matters involving work permit categories, documentation, lead time and criteria, with details on specific exemptions;
- Labour contracts and remarkable issues (e.g. unilateral termination vs. dismissal);
- Dispute settlement in labour conflicts (i.e. court litigation vs. mediation vs. arbitration);
- Labour Law updates and future changes in Vietnam.
Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services will cover topics related to:
- Insurance obligations for companies and staff holding employment contracts; updates on the application of social insurance and the implementation procedures for maternity and sick leave, occupational health and safety and retirement fund contributions;
- Payroll and Employment issues arising in international companies operating in Vietnam. Details on Labour compliance and common situations regarding salary contributions, monthly and quarterly lodgements, annual reporting to the authorities;
- Taxation for Individuals and Companies regarding employment in Vietnam, with insights on resident and non-residents tax implications. Clarifications on service contracts and offshore labour contracts with parent entities, and the tax issues that commonly arise,
- Practical information on employment and labour issues commonly experienced by investors in Vietnam.
A panel discussion will follow the key notes addresses so that the attendees can discuss common and topical issues with the panel.
Complimentary breakfast for all participants.
Advance registration is required. RSVP by Monday, 15th July 2019 to assure your attendance.
Should you have any other queries or seek further clarification, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or Tel No: +84 909 710 994